Saturday, August 31, 2013

Theology Lesson

Overheard today:


Calvin: You can't interrupt me! You're going to go to hell because you interrupted me...

Daddy: Calvin! Why did you say that?

C: Reed interrupted my while I was saying a Bible thing.

Reed: It's not a Bible verse! He said, "Sticks and stones may break my bones..."

D:  (proceeds to give lecture about Jesus being our judge, not Calvin.)

Max (to Mommy, who was already eavesdropping): Calvin say, "Go to hell" to Reed and he get in trouble!

C: Max!

-------

This little convo reminded me that earlier this week, while building blocks, Calvin exclaimed, "What the hell!" He genuinely didn't know that what he said was wrong. Welcome to public school, where you learn the 3 R's and all the 4-letter words...

--------

It's gonna be a long 3-day weekend...



No comments: