Sunday, June 30, 2013

Dream Bunting


I used my Grammy fabric on a no-sew project before I got my sewing machine. I had scored a nice large picture frame for $5 at a yard sale years ago. I ditched the ugly artwork inside, whitewashed the ugly gold finish and hung it above the bed empty. It looked pretty, but was lacking something. Then, I decided to jump on the bunting bandwagon and make a banner to hang in the frame.

I cut out a triangle template and traced around it onto several of my Grammy fabrics.


Cut it out with pinking shears


Ironed the fabric, then glued on large letters I'd cut out on a Cricut machine.


Then, I folded over a little of the top of each pennant.


Since I didn't have a sewing machine (yet) I used those iron-on jean patches to secure the triangles to twine. I cut the patches into strips.


Then I "sewed" the little flap I had ironed down earlier over the twine.



 Then, all I had to do was hang the twine from the corner of the frame. Voila!







Linking up to Kammy's Korner: Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday

No comments: