Genius, right? The boys munched happily and I mentally patted myself on the back. For about five minutes. Then, Reed said, "Wait a minute.... What's this?"
- tortilla chips
- yellow squash
- yellow cheese (Colby Jack is the best disguise, since it's two-toned)
- sour cream
- taco meat
1) Spread chips on a baking sheet.
2) Shred squash over chips. Shred cheese over that.
3) Mix with your fingers to maximize the disguise.
4) Broil until cheese melts enough to cover any sign of squash.
5) Top with salsa and other nacho toppings.
6) Wait with bated breath to see how long it takes your kids to discover your dirty little secret. Hope that they get a little nutrition in before that inevitable moment.