Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Problem Solvers

I needed to kill some time with the two littles munchkins tonight. We chose the city park. I told the boys I'd play with them (translation: lift up to the "zip line," push on the merry-go-round, and otherwise satisfy their whims) for a little, but then I was going to the picnic tables to grade papers. When that time came, Calvin honed in on a giant boulder and started climbing. Max joined in on the fun, but soon was hollering that he needed a "boost-ie." I ignored him, feeling slightly guilty, but rationalizing it by thinking that I was fostering independence. Well, what do you know? I was right!

Within a few minutes, the boys had run across the park, found a "step stool" (a chunk of bark off of a log), and drug it over to the boulder. Soon, I heard, "Mom! I got up!" Sure enough, Little Bit was sharing the role of king of the mountain with his big brother.

Providing assistance for my kiddos may not get me off my butt, but cute photo opps usually will. I crossed to the boulder and got to capture their process. Melt my heart!





1 comment:

Deborah Raney said...

Oh, man! Melt Mimi's heart too! Love those pics! And you're a smart mama. :)