Thursday, December 6, 2012

Not-So Quiet Mouse

I didn't teach Reed and Calvin their latest game. This one, unlike this or this came from elsewhere. It sounds like one that I would actually encourage. It's called Quiet Mouse. The object is to see who can be quiet the longest. Sounds great, right? Wrong. Turns out, I, like my offspring, hate being quiet! Once someone declares the game's beginning by saying, "1, 2, 3, Quiet Mouse!" anyone who lets out even an utterance gets finger points and wide-eyed looks.  I thought Calvin wouldn't last three seconds the first time I played, but he outlasted us all! Max goes down pretty quickly, but he sticks around to help out with the accusatory pointing and attempting to restart the game with an enthusiastic, "1, 3 Come Ow!" Then it's an eternal battle for second-to last. I've held that title just about every time we played. It's boring being quiet, yet pointing at every person who scoots their chair, coughs, or toots. So I just quit, talk, and endure the silent mockery. I can't even enjoy that last minute or so of silence, what with the constant fingers in my face and ever-louder gasps with each word I speak. Finally, Ryan and Reed give in and I'm always shocked at how my loudest child ends up winning a game with "quiet" in the title. I guess his stubborness overrules his desperate need to be heard.

1 comment:

Deborah Raney said...

LOL! I'm not one bit surprised at who the winner is. :)