Sunday, March 18, 2012

Perfect Day


My "twins" with the triplets

Today felt like summer! Not just weather-wise, but lifestyle-wise too. The boys ALL slept in--and by slept in, I mean 7:15.  There was a day long, long ago when I would have referred to anything before 8 as the butt-crack of dawn. Now, I feel like a lazy teenager when I get to roll out of bed any time after 7. They only ate one breakfast (as opposed to the usual 3-5 morning snacks the little hobbits beg for). Max extended his mommy leash a few more feet than normal. We had a relaxing, fun, productive morning - finished a dragon book the boys and I have been reading, got a jump-start on laundry, then off to church. Agreed to take over a  Sunday school class starting next week (yikes!) Then came home to a low-key lunch and simultaneous nappage. While the boys slept (and by "slept" I mean rolled around making battle sounds with stuffed animals for an hour, but whatevs) I laid out in my swimsuit and graded papers. Triple threat, right there: 1) alone time, 2) getting something done, 3) fighting albinism. The rest of the afternoon included working in the garden/yard, the boys playing with our new triplets (be still, my beating heart!),
haircuts for all, another low-key meal, and everyone showered, jammied, and teeth brushed with no incidents! We watched Frozen Planet on TV as a before-bed treat, and now I sit here with my baby, relaxed, slightly sunburned, and with EVERY PIECE OF LAUNDRY IN OUR HOUSE CLEAN, DRIED, FOLDED, AND PUT AWAY! I shoulda just started with that little tidbit, huh? It only happens once every 75 years, but today is the day! Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

2 comments:

Jenica Raney said...

I lost it at "fighting albinism"!!! Too funny lady! Must have been something in the air yesterday. Brynn was an angel and FINALLY slept through the night after 3 weeks of waking at 2 or 3 (well except for the 2 nights your parents watched her when she courteously slept all night for them)!!

Tobi said...

Just saw your comment - makes me wonder if there are others I don't know about. Hmmm... Isn't that the truth with babies? They'll do it at day care, for grandparents, or at a time when you don't really need it all that bad, but never for you and on a regular basis! Oh well - hope she started a new trend for herself (and her Momma!)